Saturday, March 3, 2012

Family Splitting: FAME

when parents get divorced, they're
given some kind of a handout.


when my parents told me that they were
splitting, they told me three things.


One, "It's not your fault. "


Two, "It's not your fault. "


And three,
"It's not your fault. "


Problem is,
I don't buy it.


No kid does.


I've seen the pictures
of when you got married.


when you were good-looking,
and you smiled at each other.


Hell, when you even
just looked at each other.


So what happened
between then and now?


Me.


I... I came along,


and I made you tired
and cranky and anxious


and I made you lose your hair
and gain 20 extra pounds and...


Somewhere in all of that, I...
You stopped loving each other.


So I have my own idea
for a handout.


Next time tell me,
"One, happiness is hard.


"Two, don't make the
same mistakes we did.


"And three, okay, so maybe
it is your fault a little. "


You want me
to be honest?


You go first.

No comments: